Tropic Air Pilot Program
Tropic Air’s new pilot program allows pilots to build turbine time on our brand new range of G1000 fitted Cessna Caravans. What better way to build turbine time around the beautiful country of Belize.
Our courses run on a month to month basis with a maximum of five students per month. This is to ensure our students get both the highest quality training whilst maintaining a steady, yet steep, learning environment for our student pilots.
Student pilots will be accompanying qualified line training captains flying commercial flights with either fare paying passengers and/or freight acting in both VFR and IFR environments to various destinations within the Tropic Air mainstream routes.
Potential student pilots will need to have a minimum of a CPL/SEP/IR issued either by an ICAO registered state or an US FAA License with a minimum of 200 hours total time logged.
If English isn’t your first language then an ICAO level of 4 must be achieved.
“Our mission is simple: To be the best airline in the region.”
— John Greif III – President —
TROPIC AIR IS THE LARGEST & MOST EXPERIENCED AIRLINE IN BELIZE.
Since its inaugural flight in 1979, Tropic Air has always been a forerunner in the promotion of the tourism industry within Belize and this year is no exception.
In May 2010 in an effort to bring the rainforest and the reef together we introduced a new route to Belmopan. This allows our passengers, to experience all that Belize has to offer. Now you can easily take a day trip to the jungle if you are staying in San Pedro or experience snorkeling on the reef if you are based on the mainland for your vacation.
Tropic now flies to 18 destinations within Belize and to Flores, Guatemala, San Pedro Sula, Honduras, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Roatan, Honduras, Mérida, Mexico and Cancun, Mexico. We also offer charters to more remote and exotic places throughout Belize and remember to take advantage of our great tours to ATM and Lamanai.
We continue to invest in new aircrafts and technology and with the addition of our new Cessna Caravan C208B G1000 state of the art glass cockpit air-conditioned aircrafts to our fleet, we ensure the best service to our customers.
In addition to all this change for the better we continue to maintain our friendly helpful staff who will always go out of their way to ensure your flying experience with us is the best.
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT OUR AIRLINE
How it works
JUST 6 EASY STEPS
- Pilots interested in participating in the Tropic Air Pilot Program, should contact email@example.com with their résumé and we will confirm with Civil Aviation your acceptance to the program along suitable start date.
- When arriving at Tropic Air you will be required to check in with Mrs. Nelda Reyes, who will assist you in processing your student visa and to undertake an Air Law Exam.
- You will also be required to undertake a Belize Medical (performed by an authorized Doctor in Belize) and IFR proficiency check approved by Belize Civil Aviation and Tropic Air, along with G1000/SOP Training by Tropic Air. Tropic Air asks all pilots to set aside 2-4 weeks upon arrival into Belize to accomplish all the local requirements.
- Covid 19 Vaccine is required.
- After all the above have been satisfactorily completed your 1 month Hour Building Program will begin. It is up to you how many flights you choose to fly on since flights leave daily and any days taken off are included in your monthly payment. On average, FO’s) log as much as 100hrs per month, it is all up to the individual.
- After your month payment has expired, you are required to contact Mrs. Nelda Reyes at our new Corporate Offices, to arrange next payment.
“As part of our strategy to build a stronger Tropic, we’ve introduced a new comprehensive and innovative approach to pilot training so we can take advantage of the opportunities in the market.“
— Steve Schulte – CEO —
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS ON FEES FOR THIS PROGRAM
Excited to work with us?
Upon your arrival you will need to check in with Mrs. Nelda Reyes at our new Corporate Offices located at the John Greif 2nd Airport and arrange payment. You will also need to present your passport and 4 passport size photographs. Mrs. Reyes will help you obtain your student visa (Depending on Nationality).
Your commercia pilot license will need to be verified, this process may take up to 2-4 weeks.
Once this has been completed you will be issued with a Belizean license.
Payments run from month to month whether you take some days off or not.
You will need to provide your own uniform which needs to comply with our uniform policy. (Tropic Air provides you with uniform policy)
WE'D REALLY LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU SO WHY NOT DROP US AN EMAIL AND WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN.
Due to the high volume of inquiries we ask that all communication for the Tropic Air Pilot Program be directed to our email address or you can fill out the form below. We aim to answer any queries within 12 hours.
PO Box 20, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
From the US or Canada call: 1-800-422-3435
From Belize call: 226-2380
From the UK, EU or Other Call: +501-226-2380